OET Reading Sub-test Part B
In the OET Reading Part B, you will be given six short texts (100–150 words) sourced from a healthcare workplace. The texts might consist of extracts from policy documents, hospital manuals and guidelines or internal communications such as emails or memos. For each text, you will answer one multiple-choice question.
The Occupational English Test – Reading Part B measures your ability to identify the main idea, supporting details and other essential points of a given healthcare-related text.
3 Simple Tips for OET Reading Part B
If you’re a test taker enrolled in OET review Manila, it is crucial to look for various test-taking tips that can help boost your exam preparation and ace the OET Reading Part B. To help you achieve this, read and follow these three simple tips:
Simple Tip #1: Evaluate the questions
When examining each multiple-choice question, consider the following points:
• Read and analyze the questions.
• Look for keywords and key phrases such as medical terms to determine the overall gist of each question.
• Write down all the critical points that you found in each question. Use the paper provided by your OET examiner.
• Apply a note-taking strategy to organize your notes. During your review classes in OET review Manila, look for a great note-taking technique that you can use to construct your notes properly.
• Analyze the three answer options. Ignore options that are obviously incorrect.
Simple Tip #2: Examine the texts
Skimming plays a crucial role in the OET Reading Part B. When skimming each healthcare-related text, read and follow these practical tips:
• List down all the important points such as headings and subheadings, bold and italicize words or phrases, and other medical terminologies.
• Use a note-taking strategy when writing down your notes.
• Don’t forget to check your note to make sure that you list down all the important points you need to understand the overall gist of each text.
Simple Tip #3: Maximize your time
Managing your time is also vital in the Occupational English Test – Reading Part B. To guide you on how to maximize your time in this reading task, check out these five time management tips:
1. Focus on the easiest questions first.
2. Don’t spend too much time answering difficult questions.
3. Use your notes as your guide when answering each question.
4. If you still can’t figure out the answer, use the process of elimination.
5. Don’t forget to check your answers.
Hungry for more OET review Manila test-taking tips? Enroll now in JRooz OET Review Center and check out our blog today!